Lip Augmentation : Non-surgical procedure
Achieve fuller, well-defined lips significantly with fillers.
Lips are one of the most-alluring and eye-catching features. We can give you luscious and sexy lips instantly. Careful injection of hyaluronic acid fillers allow us to give lips the desired shape by accentuating the cupid’s bow of the upper lip, and giving volume to the lower lips.
An ideal lip should possess these characteristics:
– The width of the mouth should be about 1.6 times the width of the bottom of the nose (aka the golden ratio).
– If you drop lines down from the inner part of the iris, your mouth should fit between those lines.
– Your front teeth should be visible below your upper lip for 1-4 mm and your lower teeth should not be visible when your lips are open. As you get older, your upper lips may “droop” and you will see less of your upper teeth.
– The ideal upper lip should be slightly thinner than the lower, with a gentle curve that peaks (Cupid’s bow).
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LIPS AGE?
Dentition and atrophy of bones, muscles and subcutaneous tissue can lead to the following 5 visible sings of aging lips :
– Depleted volume
– Fine lines and wrinkles around lips
– Loss of definition of the lip border and Cupid’s Bow
– Loss of the philtrum definition
– Down-turning of mouth corner giving a “sad” smile.
WHAT FILLERS ARE USED?
Lip fillers made up of Hyaluronic Acid are used by Dr Ho Rui Ming because of its excellent safety profile.
Additionally, Dr Ho only uses the renown Juvederm range of fillers that is backed by its’ patented VYCROSS Technology to ensure longer lasting and effective results.
Why hyaluronic acid fillers over other types of fillers?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance found in many areas of the body including the eyes, joints and skin, and can hold 1000x its weight in water. Because it is highly hydrophilic, it gives the skin moisture, volume, elasticity, helps to maintain shape, and also even out depressions in the skin.
But as one ages, HA gets depleted causing a loss in facial volume and wrinkles to form.
HA acts like a sponge to attract water into the skin when injected and plumps up the area. Besides giving instant smoothing results, research from 2007 shows that HA injections boost the skin’s own production of collagen. This means fewer touch-ups may be needed, and that when it’s time for a touch-up, less of the material will be necessary (so repeat treatments should be cheaper). One advantage of HA-based fillers over other options is that because HA is found naturally in the body there’s no risk of allergic reaction.
These dermal fillers are FDA-approved.
Frequently Asked Questions ABOUT LIP fillers
HOW LONG CAN IT LAST?
This varies for each person, but the results usually lasts for 6 – 12 months.
IS IT A SAFE PROCEDURE? WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
After the procedure, you may experience some swelling which should subside in a few days. Avoid putting too much pressure on the treatment area as this may affect the distribution of the filler.